July 24, 2011

Sleep Test: 3-6

The past several nights, Chunko has been going to sleep without the screaming and the attempts to open the door and escape. He cries for a few minutes to let us know that he's not ready to go to sleep and then passes out.

The other night, to test a theory, we laid him on the bed, tucked him in, and then I laid on the floor next to the bed. I didn't touch him or hold his hand like I was dying to, just was letting him know he wasn't alone. He went straight to sleep, no fuss, and no escaping.

 Unfortunately this was also the same night that Chunko fell and split his gums with his bottom teeth. Sounds pretty, doesn't it? He was in a lot of pain and he fussed off and on the entire night. I ended up giving in at 2am and letting him cuddle. 

My love hasn't had too many issues getting Chunko to sleep through the night and alone. He's ready for the next step. I, on the other hand, am not. I am traumatized and I want my lil baby back in his crib. My desperation to have my baby back is in a war against my need for a solid night's sleep.
I think Chunko can sense how much this bugs me because he's keeps trying to sneak next to me. He slithers off the bed, an inch at a time, until he's in my arms.

Last night went pretty good and I think we're making great improvement, but I also think we're not ready to leave him alone completely. I think if we have another successful week, then we can move out to the loft or use the monitor but not yet.

In the mornings when it is time to get ready for our day, Chunko and I leave the boys room and stagger to our room. He's so cute because he's sleep crying and stumbling but he remembers to close the door on his way out.

I miss sleeping next to my love... But I really like sleeping a solid 6 hours.

If I ran into my teen self, she'd smack me for saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment