Things have been a bit hectic...
(When are things not hectic in this family????)
I believe that as our kids get older they won't look back and reminisce about all the movies we went to or the Ren Faires we visited. But I hope that they will look back and remember the good times, the crazy times and some of the bad times with fondness and love. I want them to laugh as they remember the time my car blew up on the freeway or giggle when they think of the time we loaded up the car with the kids in the truck and went to Death Valley. It shouldn't be about the money or how much we can spend on them. More than anything, I want them to know that we are a family and we love them to bits and pieces and every fiber of our being...
Sorry kids, you're stuck with us...
So, back to this weekend....
(When are things not hectic in this family????)
I believe that as our kids get older they won't look back and reminisce about all the movies we went to or the Ren Faires we visited. But I hope that they will look back and remember the good times, the crazy times and some of the bad times with fondness and love. I want them to laugh as they remember the time my car blew up on the freeway or giggle when they think of the time we loaded up the car with the kids in the truck and went to Death Valley. It shouldn't be about the money or how much we can spend on them. More than anything, I want them to know that we are a family and we love them to bits and pieces and every fiber of our being...
Sorry kids, you're stuck with us...
So, back to this weekend....
It was full of us being lost for almost 2 hours, playing at the water park, hanging out with my sister and my step girl coming home from 10 days in Europe.
My sister called me on Sunday... Went like this:
My Sister: Did you know the kids drink from straws?
Me: Um... That's fantastic. I'm glad that they finally accomplished that.
My Sister: Yeah, they drink from straws from your toilet.
Me: What???? Okay, well maybe your kids did, but mine doesn't
My Sister: Ask him
Me: Hey Geeks, have you ever drank from a straw from our toilet?
Geeks: Well yeah but only because they tripled dogged dared me to!
Me: (gagging) I have to go. Could you please not share this with me again? Okay bye now
So that's gross, right?
Yeah, I'll give you a minute to be sick to your stomach...
So, of course I have to share this with every living person with two ears.
My mom text me...
My sister called me on Sunday... Went like this:
My Sister: Did you know the kids drink from straws?
Me: Um... That's fantastic. I'm glad that they finally accomplished that.
My Sister: Yeah, they drink from straws from your toilet.
Me: What???? Okay, well maybe your kids did, but mine doesn't
My Sister: Ask him
Me: Hey Geeks, have you ever drank from a straw from our toilet?
Geeks: Well yeah but only because they tripled dogged dared me to!
Me: (gagging) I have to go. Could you please not share this with me again? Okay bye now
So that's gross, right?
Yeah, I'll give you a minute to be sick to your stomach...
So, of course I have to share this with every living person with two ears.
My mom text me...
And wanted to know if the kids wanted to come over for cocktails.
Last night my love and I were watching Toddlers and Tiaras (yeah, I don't know why either) and there was a little 8 year old boy. He did tap, he did ballet and he could sing. He always traveled with his two dolls who had their own carrying case and matching outfits. That was when my love burst out with "I am so glad Geeks drinks out of the toilet."
I still haven't stopped laughing...
And enough toilet drinking jokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment