July 24, 2011

Keeping Pace

Friday the plumber came to inspect our piping... and no, this isn't the beginning of a porno.

I guess there was a lawsuit and if you received a letter than you had the option of having your pipes inspected and potentially replaced. We got the letter, so we figured, why not and called.
He explained that the pipes end up corroding and bursting and causing immense damage so it's best to have them replaced. So now we're scheduled for the end of August to have our entire house re-piped.
He said it would be an extremely invasive process but they will make it as fast as possible... Invasive? Really? Tearing apart our kitchen, bathrooms and laundry isn't invasive, is it?
Right now, we have green dots all over our house for areas they'll have to replace and I'm stuck wondering how in the world are we going to keep these dots where they need to be? I have a curious trouble making baby and 3 over excited kids in my house on a regular basis. Why couldn't they use a sharpie????

Less than 2 days until I get my teeth yanked out... I don't know how I feel about this and I've heard mixed things. Apparently I'll be in pain on the third day and I'll be off balance and unable to use a straw for a while.

To make this more fun, my ten year high school reunion weekend is four days after my surgery. I'm planning super cute outfits so no one will notice my swollen puffy face.
I can't wait to wear my new skirt!!
Oh and I am also excited to see old high school friends, too. 

My love's 45th birthday is coming up this weekend, too and we will do a small little "Yay, you're old" but the weekend after is when we'll do the big hoopla party and really celebrate! I can't wait to give him his gift. I really hope he likes it... and if he doesn't then he can go stomp turtles.

To make life a little more interesting, my sister's marketing class has assigned the project of creating a website for a business and then promoting it. Somehow I've been roped into making this business our photography business. I'm terrified! I am actually going to be shooting for other people and not just for myself. Oh vomit!
I'm excited, don't get me wrong but I am so scared no one will like what I do or all those other little negative things that niggle at my mind.
I shot at Mt. Charleston yesterday which was so much fun (and way cooler than the city). The pics came out okay but nothing note-worthy. It was more of "get behind the camera and shoot" then actually shooting specifically for anything.

I miss all of our random weekend travels. Now that Chunko's getting older we'll be able to go places more often and I cannot wait.
The dry lake beds, ghost towns and the mountains are all calling me.

I have found 3 "Trash the dress" sites that I cannot wait to shoot at!!!
I tried on my wedding dress on Friday and I can get zipped up but I still have about 10 more pounds before I will be seen in public with it on. Which about how much I've gained in the past month so it's not as scary as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment