I think we lost the battle of Night 2.
It's not really our faults, I blame Geeks.
We got Chunko to sleep after him fussing for only five minutes, which was ah-mazing!
Then we scurried Geeks into the room to lay him down next to Chunko.
We told him what a big boy he was and how he was such a helpful big brother... As we're tip-toeing out of the room, Geeks asks if we can keep the door open...
Oh, did the sleep deprived parents forget the one important part of their plan????
Geeks is terrified of the dark.
Frick!
I promise to open the door as soon as Chunko is sound asleep and assure Geeks there is nothing to fear since his baby brother was there with him. He sniffled an "okay" but as soon as the door closed he shrieked/ wailed in terror and that was the end of it.
Chunko was freaked out, Geeks was freaked out and we were stressed...
I snuggled Chunko to calm him down and actually got him to stay asleep so I could sneak out for a breather. I jerry-rigged a pillow and warm blanket to imitate our bodies so we could try to figure a new plan.
My super awesome husband took the first night and slept on the floor next to Chunko's mattress. Chunko slept through and only fussed slightly. He kept sneaking over to try to drape himself across my love's chest but for the most part stayed where he belonged.
We're going to alternate nights (so tonight is mine) and see if we can get him used to being in the room, sleeping through the night and sleeping alone (since Geeks is a butt-head <---- but you didn't you hear that from me).
Last night was a slight setback but we are determined to get this kid sleep trained... We need sleep!!!!
PS, duct taping him to the mattress failed miserably but thank you to whomever suggested it
It's not really our faults, I blame Geeks.
We got Chunko to sleep after him fussing for only five minutes, which was ah-mazing!
Then we scurried Geeks into the room to lay him down next to Chunko.
We told him what a big boy he was and how he was such a helpful big brother... As we're tip-toeing out of the room, Geeks asks if we can keep the door open...
Oh, did the sleep deprived parents forget the one important part of their plan????
Geeks is terrified of the dark.
Frick!
I promise to open the door as soon as Chunko is sound asleep and assure Geeks there is nothing to fear since his baby brother was there with him. He sniffled an "okay" but as soon as the door closed he shrieked/ wailed in terror and that was the end of it.
Chunko was freaked out, Geeks was freaked out and we were stressed...
I snuggled Chunko to calm him down and actually got him to stay asleep so I could sneak out for a breather. I jerry-rigged a pillow and warm blanket to imitate our bodies so we could try to figure a new plan.
My super awesome husband took the first night and slept on the floor next to Chunko's mattress. Chunko slept through and only fussed slightly. He kept sneaking over to try to drape himself across my love's chest but for the most part stayed where he belonged.
We're going to alternate nights (so tonight is mine) and see if we can get him used to being in the room, sleeping through the night and sleeping alone (since Geeks is a butt-head <---- but you didn't you hear that from me).
Last night was a slight setback but we are determined to get this kid sleep trained... We need sleep!!!!
PS, duct taping him to the mattress failed miserably but thank you to whomever suggested it
No comments:
Post a Comment