July 17, 2011

Sleep is OverRated

We finally gave in and tried letting Chunko cry himself to sleep. We never waited more than 10 minutes and he usually went right to sleep... We still weren't sleeping through the night though because when he woke up, he would refuse to lay back down (and stay down).
We are all a little frustrated with each other.
We've been battling this for over a week now but I think Chunko has officially won this war.

My beautiful, intelligent, wise crackin baby boy has learned to jump his crib.
So now, if we don't immediately jump to his rescue and hurry him off to sleep comfortably in our bed, he jumps out of his crib (with a loud sickening thud) and will come tell us how mad he is.

I need sleeeeppppzzzzzzzz....

Huh? What? Oh I was talking, wasn't I? Okay...

I feel asleep on the toilet at my mother-in-law's last night. I don't even think I had to go potty, I just wanted a minute, alone, to myself. But then I fell asleep and it was long enough that she knocked on the door to check on me... Yep, color me embarrassed.

We are on the verge of desperation. Or is it deprivation? Or declaration?
Well, pick one of those, and we'll be on the verge of it.

We've thought about getting a crib tent to trap his sneaky butt in but to spend $70 just to have Chunko rip it down like a bad Godzilla movie just doesn't seem worth it. And he would, too. He would wait a week to figure out the inner workings and then tear into it late one night after luring us to sleep with a false sense of "we won the sleep fight!"

It's been suggested that we put him in his own room, baby proof it and then shut the door... Actually they suggested a gate but our gate is currently in the trash from it's last fight with Chunko (the gate lost). We're going to try that this week.

If we do not succeed or get anywhere with it, then I'm assuming we've lost... The aliens have taken over the world and we are all doomed... We'll be co-sleepers and just pray he gets sick of us eventually.

Is it bad, that I've been debating planting Chunko in with Geeks and making him suffer the sleep tornado that Chunko is? They both want a warm body to sleep next to and they both kick, fight, twist and turn so it would be fair, right????

To make my lack of sleep worse, I'm not losing any weight. I'm stuck and admittedly I gained three pounds. I am exercising and actually eating right but I am ALWAYS hungry. Even more hungry than I was when I was starving myself... Even more hungry than I was when I was pregnant. I need food and I need to eat NOW. I'm hanging out at 156 and if I could just drop the last ten or so pounds then I wouldn't complain about these "fat" days. On the plus side, I am seriously toning up my muscles and I am getting strong. Love it. It's nice to have muscle tone again and not have arms that look like a wet sock hanging on a stick... Bleh.

Chunko has been signing for More and All done and eat and has been saying so many new things. He still gets that stubborn set in his jaw when he try to get him to say something but sometimes he'll accidentally slip out with a word.
He says, done, more, that, this, and he screams DADA all the time now. He also is shaking his head for yes and no.

He's lucky he's been entertaining us or else we would have sold him on ebay a long time ago. Keep your eyes peeled, though because you might see him up there real soon...





Ps, the sad thing is this post totally makes sense to me and is even funny to me... No more blogging without sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment