^ Does he look 9 to you????????
Nine, as in he's been on this planet for 9 whole years. I gave birth to him 3,285 days ago!!!!
I cannot believe that my beautiful baby boy is almost in double digits. He's already told me that this is his last year he'll allow me to call him my baby... I laughed and told him that I would never stop calling him my baby.
This boy is my whole being and will always be my baby, no matter what (even if he marries some tramp who chews with her mouth open and says "Hold on"... I swear I will).
To celebrate we went bowling and it was a blast!!!
Fart Bone loved spending time with all his friends and family and he had the highest score for the kids (at 77)!! He loved all his presents and definitely enjoyed his day of spoiling.
I, on the other hand, got dragged down the catwalk by Ham-Da and Fart Bone and then tickled by Chunko... They drag me because they care.
Chunko would carry his 5 (or 6) pound ball up to the lane and then kick it.... Then he would race after the ball to try to catch it before it hit the pins... Which means we raced after him to catch him before he broke something... And it all ended with adults slipping and flying through the air and Chunko wandering off to eat something or find another ball he could use. I never would have thought my 17 month old would enjoy bowling as much he did!
* I'm moving on because I'm still in denial about my baby being 9 *
We participated in a Trunk-Or-Treat at my job and the kids got a brief taste in the Halloween joys to come. Chunko liked the idea of people giving him candy and promptly planted himself on the ground, in the middle of the parking lot to beg for lollipops. We had been given a small bag of popcorn and we tried to ply him with that but he was having no part in it. He dumped the bag out next to him and said "Uh Oh" and then reached for his candy bag. He had a look that basically told us, "Oops, the popcorn is all gone so now you must give me more candy."
If he wasn't so darn cute...
So then the big Candy Day came and we gathered all our little cuties together. We all met at my sister's house for a huge barbecue and some of the dads stayed to roast meat on the fire, the mommies (and my hubs) took the babies out. We tried for a "Very Wicked Wizard of Oz" theme but the kids all had better ideas. Dorothy wanted to wear purple but when the day actually came she was mad because she didn't look like Dorothy.... Um, you can't dress differently but still be the same! Then the scarecrow wanted to be a zombie, so we made him a zombie scarecrow. Don't get me started on how scarecrows are never really alive so how can they be undead, k? But the scarecrow also wanted to be Scooby-Doo and a ninja so he had three costume changes through out the week. The tinman wanted to be a "Death eating Lizard Tinman of Death and Doom" (can you guess who the Tinman was?) and I had no idea how to even begin with that so we got him a scary mask, sprayed his hair silver and he became a Murderous Tinman. That was the best he was going to get. The cuteCuddly... Oops, Cowardly Lion didn't want to wear his hood but he was still adorable with his little tail waggin so we allowed it. And Toto was a rat dog dressed as a cow because somebody didn't agree to spray painting him gray like the real Toto... pssshhh.
Our gaggle of kids (that's we call it now. You know, like a school of fish, a pack of wolves and a gaggle of kids) were rounded out by the Wicked Witch of the East, Wicked witch of the West (that was me, save your witch comments for later, I've heard them all already), a Yo Gaba Gaba guy (the yellow one? I don't which cause that show scares me) and the cutest tiniest lady bug ever.
So we gather our gaggle of kids and we head out. Chunko was a little wary at first but soon he realized that if you knocked on the door, people gave you candy. Then he was pushing people out of his way and knocking on doors begging for his next sweet treat. He felt the need to inspect each piece he received, so he held out his hand and waited patiently. If the person ignored his little waiting hand then he would pull the candy out of his bag, check it and then drop it back in.
One house we went to had a dog and Chunko tried desperately to negotiate that dog into his treat bag. I don't think the owners will be calling for a coffee date anytime soon. Let me just say that it ended with Chunko screaming threats and the neighbors trying to close the door.
I feel so blessed that I live within ten minutes of my two closest friends, my sisters. I couldn't feel anymore lucky than I do to have them...
Okay, soppy moment over...
Oh wait, No it's not...
To finish off this fantastic week of candy overloads, Saw marathons, and spending time with my uber amazing family we got to shoot the wedding of a very dear friend. She has been like a second mom to me and has helped through some very dark times. She helped me find my inner peace so that I could open myself to feel love when it came to me and she healed me when I suffered so badly from my molar pregnancy. We don't see each other anywhere near as often as I would like but we are always there for each other. There is no one else I would enjoy scrubbing toilets and emptying trash with as much as I did with her...
*J, I love you and I am so happy you found the man you did. He makes you glow with your happiness. You were a stunningly beautiful bride and I am so glad I got to be there to share in your joy!
I'm waiting on the pics to be developed (I HATE this part) but their ceremony was at RedRock so I already know that they're going to be stellar!
I think that is enough for now.
I'm going to go rest now...
Oh look, Chunko's already ahead of me:
This boy is my whole being and will always be my baby, no matter what (even if he marries some tramp who chews with her mouth open and says "Hold on"... I swear I will).
To celebrate we went bowling and it was a blast!!!
Fart Bone loved spending time with all his friends and family and he had the highest score for the kids (at 77)!! He loved all his presents and definitely enjoyed his day of spoiling.
I, on the other hand, got dragged down the catwalk by Ham-Da and Fart Bone and then tickled by Chunko... They drag me because they care.
Chunko would carry his 5 (or 6) pound ball up to the lane and then kick it.... Then he would race after the ball to try to catch it before it hit the pins... Which means we raced after him to catch him before he broke something... And it all ended with adults slipping and flying through the air and Chunko wandering off to eat something or find another ball he could use. I never would have thought my 17 month old would enjoy bowling as much he did!
* I'm moving on because I'm still in denial about my baby being 9 *
We participated in a Trunk-Or-Treat at my job and the kids got a brief taste in the Halloween joys to come. Chunko liked the idea of people giving him candy and promptly planted himself on the ground, in the middle of the parking lot to beg for lollipops. We had been given a small bag of popcorn and we tried to ply him with that but he was having no part in it. He dumped the bag out next to him and said "Uh Oh" and then reached for his candy bag. He had a look that basically told us, "Oops, the popcorn is all gone so now you must give me more candy."
If he wasn't so darn cute...
So then the big Candy Day came and we gathered all our little cuties together. We all met at my sister's house for a huge barbecue and some of the dads stayed to roast meat on the fire, the mommies (and my hubs) took the babies out. We tried for a "Very Wicked Wizard of Oz" theme but the kids all had better ideas. Dorothy wanted to wear purple but when the day actually came she was mad because she didn't look like Dorothy.... Um, you can't dress differently but still be the same! Then the scarecrow wanted to be a zombie, so we made him a zombie scarecrow. Don't get me started on how scarecrows are never really alive so how can they be undead, k? But the scarecrow also wanted to be Scooby-Doo and a ninja so he had three costume changes through out the week. The tinman wanted to be a "Death eating Lizard Tinman of Death and Doom" (can you guess who the Tinman was?) and I had no idea how to even begin with that so we got him a scary mask, sprayed his hair silver and he became a Murderous Tinman. That was the best he was going to get. The cute
Our gaggle of kids (that's we call it now. You know, like a school of fish, a pack of wolves and a gaggle of kids) were rounded out by the Wicked Witch of the East, Wicked witch of the West (that was me, save your witch comments for later, I've heard them all already), a Yo Gaba Gaba guy (the yellow one? I don't which cause that show scares me) and the cutest tiniest lady bug ever.
So we gather our gaggle of kids and we head out. Chunko was a little wary at first but soon he realized that if you knocked on the door, people gave you candy. Then he was pushing people out of his way and knocking on doors begging for his next sweet treat. He felt the need to inspect each piece he received, so he held out his hand and waited patiently. If the person ignored his little waiting hand then he would pull the candy out of his bag, check it and then drop it back in.
One house we went to had a dog and Chunko tried desperately to negotiate that dog into his treat bag. I don't think the owners will be calling for a coffee date anytime soon. Let me just say that it ended with Chunko screaming threats and the neighbors trying to close the door.
I feel so blessed that I live within ten minutes of my two closest friends, my sisters. I couldn't feel anymore lucky than I do to have them...
Okay, soppy moment over...
Oh wait, No it's not...
To finish off this fantastic week of candy overloads, Saw marathons, and spending time with my uber amazing family we got to shoot the wedding of a very dear friend. She has been like a second mom to me and has helped through some very dark times. She helped me find my inner peace so that I could open myself to feel love when it came to me and she healed me when I suffered so badly from my molar pregnancy. We don't see each other anywhere near as often as I would like but we are always there for each other. There is no one else I would enjoy scrubbing toilets and emptying trash with as much as I did with her...
*J, I love you and I am so happy you found the man you did. He makes you glow with your happiness. You were a stunningly beautiful bride and I am so glad I got to be there to share in your joy!
I'm waiting on the pics to be developed (I HATE this part) but their ceremony was at RedRock so I already know that they're going to be stellar!
I think that is enough for now.
I'm going to go rest now...
Oh look, Chunko's already ahead of me:


No comments:
Post a Comment