Help! The Baby is stuck in the computer!!!
Chunko is now an official 18 month old. He's one and a half years old.
Time is flying like a bullet and we're doing all we can to soak up all the baby-ness we can.
I haven't done a "Look at all the crazy things Chunko can do" post in a bit and I can't possibly remember all the amazing tricks he pulls but here's a little of the things I recall:
Chunko eats as much food as I do. There have been times where we have the same portions of food and while I am full, he's asking for more. He burns it off a lot faster than I do, though. He's almost 37 inches and 35 pounds. Not a huge growth spurt but any growth is big for us. He's starting to wear 4T clothes and 3T diapers. The same size as our 3 year old nephew!!
Chunko thinks he's a world-famous artist who can draw and write with any writing utensil he finds. He prefers to jab crayons into a table than write with them but he loves finding pens and doodling on our papers before we can catch him. When he's not drawing his latest creation, he's texting his peeps or emailing his buddies. We have to watch very closely when he's around our computers TVs or Phones because he keeps changing the settings and we can't change them back.
We're back to struggling through our nighttime sleeping routine. Chunko's waking several times a night and outright fighting us to keep from going back to sleep. At first we would lay him back in bed and shut the door. He outsmarted us by climbing onto brother's steps and jumping off. We would rush in thinking he was hurt but that was all part of his evil plan. So we had to ignore him. Then he realized we were ignoring him. So he started charging his bedroom door and ramming his head at full speed. He has a nice little bruise and a slightly dented door. We're hoping we're back on track as he only woke once for a brief moment last night but this kid is super stubborn and is keeping us on our toes. We just bought him a really nice racecar bed in hopes that he'll stay in it. He wears himself out by climbing in and out of it so if nothing else, we have that going for us. I really like his new bed and I can't believe I found a racecar bed that fits a twin mattress. I didn't even know they sell those anymore! Steal!
Chunko loves wrestling and keeps tackling everybody when we least expect it. He's so tall he has now learned how to turn the lights on/off which is great when I'm trying to go potty and suddenly it's pitch black and I can't reach the light and the baby refuses to turn it back on... I miss the days he used to steal the toilet paper.
He loves watching Spongebob and any food shows. He will actually sit quietly with Liz and watch Cupcake Wars. I don't know how she gets him to do that and she is not sharing her secrets with us. His current favorite songs are "Imma Be" and "Not Myself tonight" by C. Aguilera. He plays Bop it and races RC cars but he loves to occupy his day with plugging our electronics in. He will unplug our floor fan, go to another outlet and plug it back in. He constantly unplugs our bedroom TV and we've already traded in 2 cable boxes that he reset somehow.
He wants to absorb all he can. He watches us intently as we do things like turn door knobs or put on shoes. After watching us once or twice, he'll practice it and then *bam* - he can open the door.
We're always worn out from chasing him around. We can't get him to stop, not even for bedtime. He always pointing, asking, exploring, looking for more (of what I don't know). He's very busy.
I know this is rather sporadic... Chasing Chunko in the middle of this.
Chunko is now an official 18 month old. He's one and a half years old.
Time is flying like a bullet and we're doing all we can to soak up all the baby-ness we can.
I haven't done a "Look at all the crazy things Chunko can do" post in a bit and I can't possibly remember all the amazing tricks he pulls but here's a little of the things I recall:
Chunko eats as much food as I do. There have been times where we have the same portions of food and while I am full, he's asking for more. He burns it off a lot faster than I do, though. He's almost 37 inches and 35 pounds. Not a huge growth spurt but any growth is big for us. He's starting to wear 4T clothes and 3T diapers. The same size as our 3 year old nephew!!
Chunko thinks he's a world-famous artist who can draw and write with any writing utensil he finds. He prefers to jab crayons into a table than write with them but he loves finding pens and doodling on our papers before we can catch him. When he's not drawing his latest creation, he's texting his peeps or emailing his buddies. We have to watch very closely when he's around our computers TVs or Phones because he keeps changing the settings and we can't change them back.
We're back to struggling through our nighttime sleeping routine. Chunko's waking several times a night and outright fighting us to keep from going back to sleep. At first we would lay him back in bed and shut the door. He outsmarted us by climbing onto brother's steps and jumping off. We would rush in thinking he was hurt but that was all part of his evil plan. So we had to ignore him. Then he realized we were ignoring him. So he started charging his bedroom door and ramming his head at full speed. He has a nice little bruise and a slightly dented door. We're hoping we're back on track as he only woke once for a brief moment last night but this kid is super stubborn and is keeping us on our toes. We just bought him a really nice racecar bed in hopes that he'll stay in it. He wears himself out by climbing in and out of it so if nothing else, we have that going for us. I really like his new bed and I can't believe I found a racecar bed that fits a twin mattress. I didn't even know they sell those anymore! Steal!
Chunko loves wrestling and keeps tackling everybody when we least expect it. He's so tall he has now learned how to turn the lights on/off which is great when I'm trying to go potty and suddenly it's pitch black and I can't reach the light and the baby refuses to turn it back on... I miss the days he used to steal the toilet paper.
He loves watching Spongebob and any food shows. He will actually sit quietly with Liz and watch Cupcake Wars. I don't know how she gets him to do that and she is not sharing her secrets with us. His current favorite songs are "Imma Be" and "Not Myself tonight" by C. Aguilera. He plays Bop it and races RC cars but he loves to occupy his day with plugging our electronics in. He will unplug our floor fan, go to another outlet and plug it back in. He constantly unplugs our bedroom TV and we've already traded in 2 cable boxes that he reset somehow.
He wants to absorb all he can. He watches us intently as we do things like turn door knobs or put on shoes. After watching us once or twice, he'll practice it and then *bam* - he can open the door.
We're always worn out from chasing him around. We can't get him to stop, not even for bedtime. He always pointing, asking, exploring, looking for more (of what I don't know). He's very busy.
I know this is rather sporadic... Chasing Chunko in the middle of this.

No comments:
Post a Comment