I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to put the adult Zumba class across the hall from the teen hip hop class but they suck.
Of course there are windows so you can look into the class and of course you can see from one class to the other. So as I'm trying to shuffle, tap, jump and clap all at the same time, the little bits across the hall are flowing and leaping around the room.
But that's okay....
I used to be the lithe fluid dancer, all arrogant in my amazingness.
I would sachet into my Salsa class, laughing at the old tubbies trying to get back in shape.
I used to be able to dance,to keep a beat, to do the splits, to bend into impossible positions.
Now my knees pop if I squat wrong.
Karma, she's a mean one, eh?
So a note to you, little girl...
Appreciate your tight body and lack of stretch marks now because someday you'll be me.
It may not be in ten years, maybe not even twenty but one day you'll be the older woman staring across the hall and wishing you could do the splits again.
Of course there are windows so you can look into the class and of course you can see from one class to the other. So as I'm trying to shuffle, tap, jump and clap all at the same time, the little bits across the hall are flowing and leaping around the room.
But that's okay....
I used to be the lithe fluid dancer, all arrogant in my amazingness.
I would sachet into my Salsa class, laughing at the old tubbies trying to get back in shape.
I used to be able to dance,to keep a beat, to do the splits, to bend into impossible positions.
Now my knees pop if I squat wrong.
Karma, she's a mean one, eh?
So a note to you, little girl...
Appreciate your tight body and lack of stretch marks now because someday you'll be me.
It may not be in ten years, maybe not even twenty but one day you'll be the older woman staring across the hall and wishing you could do the splits again.

No comments:
Post a Comment