Somebody lied and told me that Kindergarten is the hardest grade to take your kids to....
They said that after that first time, it gets easier...
That bastard! No it doesn't!!!!
Right here, he's saying "Mom, let go of my backpack. You're going to make me late for class"
Somehow we've survived the first week of school without me being in a wreckage of tears. Somehow. I'm so proud that my baby (he's still me baby!!!) is in the 2nd grade. I can't get over how quickly this rode up on us. Wasn't he taking his first step yesterday? Or gnawing the cat's tail the day before that?
My chubby monkey boy is such a grown boy.
He's happy in his new class and likes his teacher (who's like a big hyper kid). He has a lot of his old friends in his class and he seems to have adjusted perfectly to being back to the grind. It's like there wasn't three loooooooooonnnngggg months of summer just a week ago. His teacher is excited to work with him because he's heard nothing but great things about how fast he learns and wants to tap his spongelike brain (um, okay, I guess).
On a side note, my niece is starting third grade tomorrow and we got to meet her teacher on Friday. We couldn't have hand picked better. He has an amazing amount of patience and is also excited to work with her and give her the help and attention she needs sometimes.
I was a little upset that our babies were going to separate schools this year, but it looks like I'm the only with the problem (boo you people!). I think that's a huge part of the PPD. I can't wait for all these wonderful things to happen but can everything stop changing? I want to move but I don't want to because it'll change everything. Our schedule, our decorations, our chores, everything!!
I know, I'm crazy, I've said it before.... I got it.



No comments:
Post a Comment