August 17, 2009

Worry Wart

I can't get over how good looking my husband is...
Isn't he goofy?
My birthday present to him was another tattoo, so on Saturday he finally got to go in and get it inked. His next one will be after he successfully completes his Silverman in November.
So my grandmother is in the hospital. She had a stroke and lost more than eighty percent of her vision. And half my family has taken is upon themselves to guilt me into calling her. Seeing as how I wasn't the one that choose to stop talking to her, I don't see why I have to be the one to call her. I know I'm being petty and I know that I'll end up calling her but it is so frustrating that I have a family full of grown up children. I'm constantly the "bigger person" and apologizing for things I never did wrong. Which is probably the reason why I've grown into such a push-over.
My mom is just a mess and when things go wrong for her who does she turn her anger to? Me! So I get the lovely "I'm respecting your wishes by not talking to you but.." phone calls. I don't know what wishes she's talking about but sure, whatever. My dad joins in with his version of the guilt trip. He gives the "Since I recently lost my mother, I don't have her to be mad at me". Really? Cause if she were alive you'd rather she hold grudges against you for reasons that only make sense to her and then blame you for any fall-out? That seems to be a favorite in my family. The "I'm mad at you and I'm not talking to you and I'm not going to give you a real reason why but how dare you not talk to me" Let me know when that actually makes sense. Family is everything to me because I know what it's like not to have any, to be completely abandoned by them all. Even the mother who swears she loves you. That's why I try not to interfere with my step-kid's relationship with her mom. They're very close and I try not to tread.
My mother has created so many issues and has been so abusive to me for so many years that this one incident I'm not letting go and pretending it didn't happen. Which is what I'm guessing she wants to do since she made such an ass out of herself.
And to make it just a little more stressful, my step-girl is losing weight incredibly fast. She's naturally skinny (prob a high metabolism and growing an inch a month helps) but she's done almost 20 pounds in 3 months. I don't think she has a specific eating disorder but she says that she doesn't eat because she's scared the food will make her sick... Did I mention she was a hypochondriac? I'm incredibly worried about her and I'm at a loss as to what to do to help. I'm used to girls with anorexia and bulimia. I've suffered them myself. But this is a whole other field. We're going to have to find a solution soon or she's going to end up in the hospital.
Worry, worry, worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment