March 3, 2013

Pinter-Test

Like most women, I am an avid pinner on Pinterest (and if you aren't on it, seriously get on it) and I have started a small collection of delicious looking recipes. My family has fallen into a very bad rut of crappy, bland dinners and I was hoping to throw in new things to allow new tastes in our lives. It tends to be hard to eat healthy in our family because I am a picky eater. Very very very picky eater. It has been classified as an eating disorder, it is pretty bad. With my picky tastes, it narrows what we eat down to a very small amount. The baby doesn't like meat (and no, chicken nuggets are not meat) and Fart Bone is random on what he will and will not eat. If we let him, he would eat ramen and cheese pizza for months on end and never complain.

So I scroll through millions of delicious recipes, hunting for what will meet our various wants and needs. We have tested a few of them so far. Mostly very sad fails, like the limp baked asparagus or the overly garlic and basil nightmare this was.

Last night we had success! It was delicious (x 1,000,000) and everyone loved it (except my nephew but he was sick and crabby so he doesn't count). We made twice baked potato casserole and it was to die for!!!

Pinterest Version
Our Version (Looks so much better, right?)
 We also made these cute swirly color cupcakes and they were so much fun to make. My sister and I had so much fun making the color swirls that we actually forgot to invite the kids down to help! We were trying to make designs and see what would happen if me swished colors together. It was so much fun to make and very delicious to clean up after. 
Pinterest version


Ours (Again, so much better)

I am hoping to be able to create simple, healthy snacks and lunches for the boys (cause my step girl is a teenager, we all know they live off of Mt Dew and Dorritos) and also for my husband and myself.

Why are you still here? Get on Pinterest already!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment