Last night, we were going through the basic every night struggle of getting Chunko to go to bed. He had already claimed he had to pee. He had already had two rounds of goodnight kisses from everyone in the house, including a few stray stuffed animals. He had already changed his pajamas 3 times. He had already claimed he had to poop. We already read our four books and snuck in a fifth. Now, it was time to turn off the lights and officially go to sleep. This is when the whining started.
"I want to sleep in our bed!"
"I want to sleep in our bed!"
"I want to sleep in our bed!"
"I want to sleep in our bed!"
"I want to sleep in OUR bed!"
Wait.. What the frack???? When did MY bed become OUR bed?!?!?
Chunko is almost three years old and we still have regular fights over getting him to sleep and staying asleep. The holidays have completely ruined any sense of routine we used to have but we are slowly getting back to what is working best for us.
Unfortunately, this also means we are almsot starting fresh with our sleep training.
He goes to sleep without too much trouble, aside from the usual distractions, but the magic is getting him to stay in HIS bed throughout the whole night. I would be happy with him staying there until at least 5am. I don't think we ask too much but he seems to think we do.
We have almost given in and actually started looking into california king sized beds just to get a fraction of the space to sleep in. My love and I sleep grasping the edges of the bed on opposite sides, all while Chunko spreads out and still manages to kick me in the head and punch my love in the junk. Then we realized we were shopping for a new bed (and frame) and that our two year old was winning.
Now, I know the kid is stubborn but where do you think he got all that bull headedness? Um, his dad (totally not me), hello! We have dug our heels in and have decided to get this kid out of our bed (and when I say OUR, I mean mine and my love's) and back into HIS bed.
I am hoping to be able to successfully get Chunko to go to sleep without being watched as he tires himself out and be able to keep him out of our room for the night. I am also hoping to not be woken up at 5 am with a very crabby baby smacking me in the face and demanding I put on Caillou (have I mentioned I HATE Caillou?). And since I am asking for miracles on a star, I would also like to not be woken up at 2 am by my baby pulling my hair and pushing me out of bed, followed by screams of "I want water!"
I know, I am asking for magic faeries to fly out of my butt to help me but I am desperate to sleep a decent night's sleep.
On the plus side, due to the lack of sleep, I do get quite a bit of cleaning done. While my husband battles it out with the baby, I go through all the piles of crap that keep building up in our room. See? Optimism! I have joined a group of lovies who are helping keep each other inspired to spring clean the house. Get into a pattern where the laundry gets done every week and doesn't pile up. Scrub the kitchen floors so you can safely eat off of them (or so Chunko can continue to do so). Go through those old boxes full of "Why the hell do I have napkins from 2005?" and "Do I really need the Taco Bell receipt from 2008?"
It is so nice to have the energy (or pretend to, let's be honest) to clean! I am excited for our evil plans to work and for Chunko to repeatedly sleep through the night in his bed... It will happen. It has to happen. Please, let it happen...
Wait.. What the frack???? When did MY bed become OUR bed?!?!?
Chunko is almost three years old and we still have regular fights over getting him to sleep and staying asleep. The holidays have completely ruined any sense of routine we used to have but we are slowly getting back to what is working best for us.
Unfortunately, this also means we are almsot starting fresh with our sleep training.
He goes to sleep without too much trouble, aside from the usual distractions, but the magic is getting him to stay in HIS bed throughout the whole night. I would be happy with him staying there until at least 5am. I don't think we ask too much but he seems to think we do.
We have almost given in and actually started looking into california king sized beds just to get a fraction of the space to sleep in. My love and I sleep grasping the edges of the bed on opposite sides, all while Chunko spreads out and still manages to kick me in the head and punch my love in the junk. Then we realized we were shopping for a new bed (and frame) and that our two year old was winning.
Now, I know the kid is stubborn but where do you think he got all that bull headedness? Um, his dad (totally not me), hello! We have dug our heels in and have decided to get this kid out of our bed (and when I say OUR, I mean mine and my love's) and back into HIS bed.
I am hoping to be able to successfully get Chunko to go to sleep without being watched as he tires himself out and be able to keep him out of our room for the night. I am also hoping to not be woken up at 5 am with a very crabby baby smacking me in the face and demanding I put on Caillou (have I mentioned I HATE Caillou?). And since I am asking for miracles on a star, I would also like to not be woken up at 2 am by my baby pulling my hair and pushing me out of bed, followed by screams of "I want water!"
I know, I am asking for magic faeries to fly out of my butt to help me but I am desperate to sleep a decent night's sleep.
On the plus side, due to the lack of sleep, I do get quite a bit of cleaning done. While my husband battles it out with the baby, I go through all the piles of crap that keep building up in our room. See? Optimism! I have joined a group of lovies who are helping keep each other inspired to spring clean the house. Get into a pattern where the laundry gets done every week and doesn't pile up. Scrub the kitchen floors so you can safely eat off of them (or so Chunko can continue to do so). Go through those old boxes full of "Why the hell do I have napkins from 2005?" and "Do I really need the Taco Bell receipt from 2008?"
It is so nice to have the energy (or pretend to, let's be honest) to clean! I am excited for our evil plans to work and for Chunko to repeatedly sleep through the night in his bed... It will happen. It has to happen. Please, let it happen...
No comments:
Post a Comment