September 18, 2011

Rules of Football

The rules of football as I've learned them from my 8 year old nut:

1. As the center, after you hike the ball, jump and wave her arms wildly to distract the other team from your quarterback
2.To conserve energy skip, instead of run, across the field
3. It's completely okay to throw grass from the sidelines at the opposing team as they run by you
4. To help boost your score, try to bribe the kid holding the score card into helping you out
5. If the flag does not come off with an easy tug, just take the whole belt off
6. The object of tossing the football is to throw it hard enough that no one can catch it, not even your teammates
7. After the ball is in play, dance around madly and "Whoop" excitedly, no matter which team has the ball
8. If someone charges at you, throw the ball at them and hope they stop
9. McDonald's is the only food football stars are allowed to eat after a game
10. If you make ugly scary faces at the coach... He will not be overly amused



Fart Bone has recently started playing flag football and is enjoying it. He loves going to practice and playing with his team. They had their very first game on Saturday. They did lose but they fought really hard to not let the other team score until almost 30 minutes of overtime.

He wanted to play football and I didn't like the idea of my baby being tackled by some beast child with a moustache named "Mongo" so this is our compromise. He plays a sport and I don't have to have a panic attack.

He's a great center but he doesn't enjoy that position as much as the Rusher. He's a really fast runner but for some reason he won't run during games. He skips around and sings. Again, so glad he is not playing tackle football.

The moms are really nice... When my husband is around. If it's me by myself, they are rude and abrasive. They hold their husband's hands and glare at me. I'm sorry but I'm very happily married and I am not shopping for husband #3... And if I was it sure wouldn't be at a peewee flag football game.
Needless to say, my love goes to most games with me. It's actually kind of fun to load up the family and watch Fart Bone practice while Chunko flirts with the mommies. He's got his own groupies already. Even the dads are in love with his cuteness.

So now we're a "Sports" family... I'll let you know how this goes

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Fartbone really knows how to make things fun, way to go Fartbone! And I can totally imagine Chunko flirting with the football mommies, he cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete