How in the world did I end up with two almost completely opposite children? I mean, they both like dancing and that's about the only similarity that I can find between my two boys. Don't tell me that they have different dads and therefore their differences are genetic because Fart Bone and Ham-Da have similarities and they have different moms.
Chunko rarely cuddles - Fart Bone is a cuddler to his core
Chunko rarely cuddles - Fart Bone is a cuddler to his core
Chunko falls, gets hurt, screams, and goes back to playing - Fart Bone will cry for three days straight
Chunko is just now starting to sleep through the night - Fart Bone slept through the night from day one
Chunko refuses to talk to us - Fart Bone wouldn't stop talking from his first word
Chunko will not do a new "trick" when asked - Fart Bone would do whatever you asked him as long as you clapped
On, and on, and on, you get the point.
Oh and the other thing they have in common is that they are both huge flirts... Great. Mother is so proud.
So you saw that Chunko is now sleeping through the night, right? Isn't it great? My love and I are actually looking like people who sleep and not like sleep-deprived zombies who will eat your brains if you get too close. I want to cry because my baby is getting to be such a big boy so soon but I really like sleeping too much to stop it.
We get him in his jammies (size 3T that my 5 year old nephew was wearing 5 seconds ago) and we give everyone goodnight kisses. This is when Chunko will try to do anything to get out of doing. He knows what happens after Nigh-Night kisses... Bed time. He runs to PopPop's room and pretends like he was called in there to make sure that the remote was still working. After his delay tactics, we do the "Dead Man's" walk. He bravely grabs one of our hands, puts in his binky in and then marches solemnly to his room. He climbs into bed, pulls his blanket up and tucks himself in. We have to make sure he's snug like a bug and he has to have his blanket neat (I think it's another delay tactic but if that's what he thinks he needs then we'll oblige). We give a few more kisses and tell him he's a big boy. Cause he is. He is such a big boy to go to bed so easily. We turn off the lights and that's it. He goes to sleep. No crying, no whimpering, just little baby snores. He won't wake again until about 6am and then he comes into our room and snuggles in for the last hour before our day starts.
It's been hard and it's been emotional but it's been SO FREAKING WORTH IT!!!!!!
So this is me signing out, and now I'll have to come up with another excuse as to why my posts are random and make no sense. Can't blame preggo brain and now I can't blame sleep deprivation soooooooooooo I guess I'll have to take up drinking. I've just discovered sparkling Moscatto, I'm sure I can indulge in that a bit.
Ps, oh and if you haven't already figured it out, those would be panty liners stuck to my precious baby's belly. This would be why I am not allowed to leave him alone in bathroom anymore.

No comments:
Post a Comment