I've been in a really poor mood lately. I haven't figured out why but I've decided that this funk needs to stop.
Earlier this week I did a shoot and it was spectacular, amazing, stupendous, awe-inspiring... to say it simply, it was Awesome. I shot in both 35mm and digital. We were on a slight time constraint but everything ran so smoothly and my subject was so cooperative that it flew by perfectly.
I was so caught up in the "amazing-ness" of my shoot that I didn't check the advancement on my Canon and so the film never moved from the 1st frame. Basically I shot 40 pictures all on the same frame. Bleh!
I'm hoping the roll is still good and I'll use it later for fun (my sister has these super old cameras and I can't wait to try them out!!!).
I was a little upset about my stupidity but I shrugged and moved on.
"At least we have the digital shots. That's why we shoot with both," is what I reminded myself.
Except we didn't have the digital. The memory card took a poop 15 minutes before we got it to the computer for download!!!!!!! We've tried re-formatting it and then using a recovery program to try to find them but it's a fail.
290 of the best shots of my life, of my career, gone!!!
I felt worthless.
I felt like a failure.
I felt impotent.
I felt like I should never pick up a camera again.
I've been really upset about it all these past couple of days.
Earlier this week I did a shoot and it was spectacular, amazing, stupendous, awe-inspiring... to say it simply, it was Awesome. I shot in both 35mm and digital. We were on a slight time constraint but everything ran so smoothly and my subject was so cooperative that it flew by perfectly.
I was so caught up in the "amazing-ness" of my shoot that I didn't check the advancement on my Canon and so the film never moved from the 1st frame. Basically I shot 40 pictures all on the same frame. Bleh!
I'm hoping the roll is still good and I'll use it later for fun (my sister has these super old cameras and I can't wait to try them out!!!).
I was a little upset about my stupidity but I shrugged and moved on.
"At least we have the digital shots. That's why we shoot with both," is what I reminded myself.
Except we didn't have the digital. The memory card took a poop 15 minutes before we got it to the computer for download!!!!!!! We've tried re-formatting it and then using a recovery program to try to find them but it's a fail.
290 of the best shots of my life, of my career, gone!!!
I felt worthless.
I felt like a failure.
I felt impotent.
I felt like I should never pick up a camera again.
I've been really upset about it all these past couple of days.
My subject offered a reshoot but I didn't know how I could go on knowing what a failure I was.
(So I was being overly dramatic... Shoot me.)
My optimism jumped in and I realized that it wasn't a "once in a lifetime" event, like a wedding and we can easily reshoot.
(So I was being overly dramatic... Shoot me.)
My optimism jumped in and I realized that it wasn't a "once in a lifetime" event, like a wedding and we can easily reshoot.
I realized that it was a favor for a friend and not a paying customer.
I realized that we have now learned a very valuable lesson and it didn't hurt too bad. It hurt but not as bad as it could have been.
I'm feeling much better and the reshoot is tonight so I'm sure I will be back on Cloud 9 soon...
I still don't know why I am in a funky pissy mood.
Can someone please give my love a medal for dealing with me????
He totally deserves it.
To make me a little more edgy my sister's been dealing with her (ex) step daughter and some serious bull poop. This girl is up to no good and taking everyone down with her. I worry for my sister and I worry for her (ex) step daughter's mom. But it also gets me worried about my own step girl. She's made a few very stupid choices recently and everyone keeps saying "Oh, so it's started."
I don't want it to have started, though. She's not even in high school yet (I don't care if it's in 3 weeks, dang it!)! This isn't a rite of passage, people.
We were at such a delicate bridge and things were actually going really well. Why does she have to go and ruin it??
I'm just hoping that our "talk" scared some sense into her and made her realize that she can have a life but not if there's no trust. She can't hang with her friends if we can't trust her to not sneak out in the middle of the night. She can have FB time but not if we can't trust her to do her homework first.
Being a parent of a teen girl is hard but being the stepmom is harder. I get the stress and the consequences of her actions but I am not involved in making it stop.
I realized that we have now learned a very valuable lesson and it didn't hurt too bad. It hurt but not as bad as it could have been.
I'm feeling much better and the reshoot is tonight so I'm sure I will be back on Cloud 9 soon...
I still don't know why I am in a funky pissy mood.
Can someone please give my love a medal for dealing with me????
He totally deserves it.
To make me a little more edgy my sister's been dealing with her (ex) step daughter and some serious bull poop. This girl is up to no good and taking everyone down with her. I worry for my sister and I worry for her (ex) step daughter's mom. But it also gets me worried about my own step girl. She's made a few very stupid choices recently and everyone keeps saying "Oh, so it's started."
I don't want it to have started, though. She's not even in high school yet (I don't care if it's in 3 weeks, dang it!)! This isn't a rite of passage, people.
We were at such a delicate bridge and things were actually going really well. Why does she have to go and ruin it??
I'm just hoping that our "talk" scared some sense into her and made her realize that she can have a life but not if there's no trust. She can't hang with her friends if we can't trust her to not sneak out in the middle of the night. She can have FB time but not if we can't trust her to do her homework first.
Being a parent of a teen girl is hard but being the stepmom is harder. I get the stress and the consequences of her actions but I am not involved in making it stop.
I'm Jeff Goldblum, with all the brilliant ideas but no one is listening to me.
I'm not going to focus on what horrible things she can do.
I'm going to go focus on my reshoot and pretend I don't have a teen.
Nope, no teens here.
I'm not going to focus on what horrible things she can do.
I'm going to go focus on my reshoot and pretend I don't have a teen.
Nope, no teens here.
Only Godzilla sized babies (and a runt sized nephew)

No comments:
Post a Comment