One sock on and one sock off....
Dirty toes in the rocks, as he samples the large array of outside goodies.
All I keep thinking of is a hurricaine. He's managed to whiz into our lives and just uproot everything and nothing will ever be the same.
Now that he is a full on walker, he thinks he has permission to go anywhere his head fits (which has gotten him stuck between our couches numerous times). We borrowed a baby gate to keep him in one room and he managed to learn how to lift the bar to move it. We thought we were smarter than the baby and just turned the gate around so he couldn't reach the bar anymore and he destroyed it. The gate looks like someone ran over it and fed it to their T-Rex. It's bent and disformed. If we even put it up, he goes over and shakes it til it falls. He will not be kept captive.
At the sitter's house he has mastered the childproof locks on her cabinets. We almost invested in them for our house but thankfully we learned how pointless they were beforehand. He also has figured out how to manhandle his way into her china cabinet drawers. She has watched numerous children throughout the past few years, including her own two kids and none of them ever caused the havoc Chunko is.
I'm just glad she isn't charging us a hazard pay.
Chunko tells me "No"
He has this little game he likes to play where he goes to hand you something and then when you reach for it he whips it behind his back. He thinks it's hysterical when he takes it away from you.
He loves to dance. He doesn't dance to most regular music but random music like the Dexter closing credits or the new Kia commercial. It's great because Dexter will end and he will wake from a dead sleep to run over to the TV and bounce.
(Speaking of Dexter, what the heck is up with the end of Season 4???? Is that even allowed? You can't end it like that!!)
Chunko has cut six teeth. He popped four almost in a row and it's been very hard on all of us. I think he's in a rush to get as many teeth as he can so he can eat more. We're doing our best to wean him from baby gush food and get him set on regular foods but he is resistant to half of the foods we give him. He wants chocolate and mashed potatoes.
Bathtime is still his absolute favorite activity.
He still steals keys and remotes.
Chunko has cut six teeth. He popped four almost in a row and it's been very hard on all of us. I think he's in a rush to get as many teeth as he can so he can eat more. We're doing our best to wean him from baby gush food and get him set on regular foods but he is resistant to half of the foods we give him. He wants chocolate and mashed potatoes.
Bathtime is still his absolute favorite activity.
He still steals keys and remotes.
He loves wrestling (especially if he's winning).
He's learning peek-a-boo.
He likes patty-cake and clapping.
Actually he ferrets things away. He hides binkies, bottles, toys and food so that later on he can go to his hidey place and grab it. And his hiding places are good. We tried to do a little recon for lost binkies and we found 1 (out of 12). He cries, doesn't get the binky from us and goes and grabs one of his stashed ones... And we still don't know where he hid it!
He is stubborn. I asked to hold his hand so we could walk together and he scratched me and said "No" and walked away in the opposite direction. He is strong and he has his own plan and there are times where I wonder how we're going to face the terrible twos...
I wish I could think of all that he is doing so I can record it to look back on but as I said before, the kid is a hurricaine...
And then after he causes his destruction, he lays in the middle if his path and sleeps as if an angel (and who cleans his mess? Mommy! But who cleans his dipey??? Oh Daddy... Someone's calling for you....)
Actually he ferrets things away. He hides binkies, bottles, toys and food so that later on he can go to his hidey place and grab it. And his hiding places are good. We tried to do a little recon for lost binkies and we found 1 (out of 12). He cries, doesn't get the binky from us and goes and grabs one of his stashed ones... And we still don't know where he hid it!
He is stubborn. I asked to hold his hand so we could walk together and he scratched me and said "No" and walked away in the opposite direction. He is strong and he has his own plan and there are times where I wonder how we're going to face the terrible twos...
I wish I could think of all that he is doing so I can record it to look back on but as I said before, the kid is a hurricaine...
And then after he causes his destruction, he lays in the middle if his path and sleeps as if an angel (and who cleans his mess? Mommy! But who cleans his dipey??? Oh Daddy... Someone's calling for you....)



No comments:
Post a Comment