I am so blessed...
I was just going through some pictures on my phone and I came across these two and it struck me...
I am one of the luckiest moms out there.
Chunko is amazing! He's so smart and he's learning more every day....
After mastering crawling and getting bored with zooming around our house, he's decided to start practicing pulling himself into a standing position.
While I am so proud and excited with each new advancement he accomplishes...
My baby's getting too big!!!
He's wearing 12 month clothes and has outgrown the mass majority of baby toys (ie: exersaucers and walkers).
We managed to grab a cheap exersaucer and he likes it but he'd rather stand on the outside and make you hold him while he plays....
We went shopping for a new walker for the crazy baby and we really wanted to get him the Combi walker or at least the car one cause he looked for adorable riding in it but he was too tall for it. Even at it's highest setting his legs were bent and awkward and unfortunately he only gets bigger.... So we got him a Jeep walker... It's not as cute as we I wanted but it was the tallest and he really likes to chew on the steering wheel.
Thanks to some amazing (super uber dooper amazing) people in our lives we were given a gift card for Babies R Us and we got to go shopping!!!!!!
It was so much fun!!!
The practical part of me was freaking out over how much we spent and how it should have been used for diapers or formula as he got older... But it was so much fun just to be able to pick out stuff we liked and not worry about the price... So to these loving people we say thank you....
THANK YOU!!!!!!
And then there's my Geekers... Such a little softy but extremely smart. We are so fortunate that he can go to a school where everyone knows him (and us) and we know he's not only safe but the teacher knows him and keeps us up to date on his learnings. He's the second top speller and the second best at math in his class... I have a feeling we'll be seeing our third spelling bee this year... He doesn't mind the competition of having a kid smarter than him, he actually enjoys the challenge... How amazing is that?!!?
He's feeling a little unloved right now as the baby is requiring more of our attention so we'll be dedicating a little more "big brother" time for him. It's hard when the baby keeps disappearing and we have to make dinner and finish homework and yada yada yada.... Sometimes I wish I could be a stay-at-home mom! I know we could afford it but I just don't have the mindset for it. I can't stay home day in and day out, with nothing better to do than clean and cook and tend to the kids... Just can't do it! I miss my babies all the time but I love my job so much!
I guess we'll work it out, we've managed to juggle and balance everything else so I'm sure we can do it as soon as we find the right flow...
I love my life!!!
I adore my kids!!!
I love my husband soooo much...
And I am blessed with so many wonderful people in my life!!
(So what if the last part was a little bit of bragging...)


No comments:
Post a Comment