I thought that he understood my level of thinking but now I'm wondering if I was horribly wrong.
We went out (alone with no kids!!!!!) to see Ted (<---- so very wrong, but so very very very funny) and as we were standing in line, I brought up my desire for a new acquisition....
Me: Honey, I want a taxidermied pony with wings like a Pegasus
My Love: What????
Me: *large dramatic sigh* I want a taxidermied pony with wings sewn on like a Pegasus
My Love: What the hell???
Me: I'm assuming it can't be more than $800
My Love: That's so much better but I don't understand
Me: The Bloggess bought a pony and it has wings like a Pegasus and I want one!
My Love: Hell no!
Me: But it's a pony...
My Love: You want to kill a pony and sew wings on it?
Me: No, I want an already dead pony with wings already sewn on it. It's dead and stuffed and we don't have to feed it or pick up it's poo. Fart Bone will love it!
My Love: No... No... No.... No
Me: What is the issue? I didn't get the giant metal rooster (like Beyonce) I asked for and I think this far more appealing than that and the HOA can't complain because it'll be in our house, not in the yard.
My Love: No.... No.... No.... No
Me: I want it and I think I deserve it
My Love: What on earth would you do with a dead pony?
Me: Well, actually I'd be totally creeped out by it and probably end up dancing around and poking it with a stick until it got a bald spot. Then I'd put it in the playroom so the kids could break it and I could blame them for the bald spot. I might even be able to use it to punish Fart Bone. You know? As in, be good or you'll have to touch the Pegasus...
My Love: No... .No... No... No.... No.... No....
Don't worry.
No animals were harmed in my quest for a Pegasus.
Cause my husband told me No and he doesn't understand me at all.
Annnd I didn't get the giant metal rooster either.
Boo
I mean, seriously, how can you possibly say No this this slice of awesomeness?!?!?!?

Ps, The Bloggess struggled to convince her husband, too and still was able to obtain one so there is still hope for me. I see it as an "Everybody Wins" kind of deal
No comments:
Post a Comment