June 11, 2012

If They Would Just Stop Growing

Both of my crazy boys are growing so very fast. I keep getting emotional as I watch them become their own person and develop their insane personalities.

Fart Bone is crazy. Period.
Hello, he agreed to be named Fart Bone!
He volunteered to let us name his first born child Waffles (boo-ya!) and he's an avid reader. His vocabulary is outstanding. He got his golden sight words tag (998/ 1000 words pronounced correctly) and he graduated the third grade with straight A's!!
Jamma took him this weekend and spoiled him ROTTEN to celebrate. It's amazing how much spoiling can be done in 24 hours.
For the summer, he'll be practicing both his 3rd and 4th grade exercise books and participating in the library reading programs with his cousins. I'm desperately trying to find a pool we can go to that isn't the YMCA (they use far too much chlorine and their rules plain suck) so he can practice his swimming again.. In the meantime we have our mini backyard pool that the kids adore.
We're also looking for a new bike for him. His last one died from total lack of attention but he's begging to get one again, so we'll see.
He is 63lbs and 58 inches. He's lean and strong. His ab muscles are out of control and he asks us to knock on them a lot.
He's still an attention whore and a total comedian and I can't stand that he's going to be 10 in less than 6 months! *Wah!!!!!!!!!*


Then there's Chunko, who I swear forgets that he's just barely 2 years old. He's decided that anything any of us can do, he can do... better.
Great.

He strolls around the house. He climbs on counters. He opens both the front door and the door leading to the garage. He locks our bedroom door in the morning in the hopes that it will keep us snuggled up to him longer. He brings me my tennis shoes on Wednesdays when I go to Zumba without my even asking for them. He knows which shoes are for which days.

The other night my love and I were talking about how one of us had to go downstairs to get Chunko a diaper for after his bath. Chunko wandered off to be naked as he usually does ( this kid rarely wears clothes anymore) and we kept arguing. A few moments later Chunko came back with not only a diaper but also his selection of pajamas for the night.

When he wants a drink, he'll bring us his choice of drink and his preferred sippy cup. I think he tries to separate his drinks by cup style. He likes apple juice in his Cars cups but powerade in his green jungle cups... Hmmm...

He's currently potty training himself. He woke one morning and peed in his potty. We rewarded him with candy and he looked at us as if to ask "Well, why didn't you tell me??? I could have been getting candy this whole time!"
He pees on both his baby potty and the normal toilet, just depends on his mood. He barely fits his potty chair and is too tall to stand and pee in it. He practices using the bigger toilet but doesn't like how far away it is. He hasn't completely stopped using a diaper but he's so much closer. He asks to use the potty when we're out running errands and he's woken twice in the middle of the night to pee. We haven't had a thing to do with it. He goes in the bathroom, sits on the potty, wipes, flushes and washes his hands. It's insane to watch him do it. Now that he knows he can get candy sometimes he'll pee just a bit, get his candy and then pee again so he can get more.
Stinker.
He also got his first haircut... I feel like he went from 2 years to 10 years in one snip of the scissors. I keep staring at him. I can't figure out who this kid is that looks so much like my baby but isn't. I wish I could glue his hair back on. I hate it. I'm adjusting but it still makes me so very sad.
He isn't much of a talker still. He is saying so many new words though. He calls his binky his "baby" and he says "No" all the time (in proper context, of course). He doesn't just say "No" to everything, but if he doesn't want to do it, he's gonna let you know.
He is saying more words on a regular basis but not as much as some other kids his age (like his cousin who's a mini parrot).

His tantrums are not as bad as I think they could be but we tend to let him do as he wishes. Actually, I do, my love is still trying to argue over who's more stubborn.
The baby's winning, fyi.
He's so much easier to deal with if you explain to him what's going on and if you let him do the same as the big kids.
If Brother isn't holding your hand and neither is Sister... then why should I? If Brother gets 6 chicken nuggets... where's mine? If Sister can do her own ketchup, then so can I. If Brother is running screaming through the store, then guess where I'll be... yada, yada, yada.

He's quite the music critic. He demands the station be changed if he doesn't like the song and if I dare change it from a song he likes, then he will scream until it's back. He loves to sing and is actually pretty good. He favors the TV show tunes (like Two and a Half Men or Big Bang or Family Guy) because they are brief but he likes music in general.

We're finally getting into a pleasant groove with sleep time and play times. He is getting better about being able to play by himself even though he prefers not to. We're in the middle of night time sleep battles but it's an on and off thing we've grown accustomed to.

He's hitting the brink of 39lbs (38.9lbs... Are you kidding me!?!?!) and still about 37 1/4inches.
I miss my wee lil chunky baby guy. I might have to start calling him JJ soon cause Chunko he is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment