October 11, 2011

The Joys of Sick Children

We all know what a stubborn butt strong willed child Chunko can be but I have learned today that he becomes demon spawn when he's sick.

We had to take our poor little baby to the doctor today and found out he has croup. He's having a hard time breathing when he gets riled up but other than a really horrible cough, he's been doing okay. The doctor warned us that tonight would tell the story, though. He said it might get so bad that we have to take him to the ER for breathing trouble (dear Lord, not another one. Once was enough for me) but if we make it through then we're good.

Which is why I am trying not to kill him...

We have been fighting since he woke up this morning. I am trying to be understanding that he is not feeling good but he keeps arguing with me! He was throwing powerades and sippy cups at me because I was trying to explain to him that the juice tastes the same whether it's in the Cars sippy or in the yellow one!!

He refused to let me put his shirt on because he felt he needed to wear the blue Air Force shirt and not the orange surfer one.

He refused to get out of the car until he managed to buckle his car seat at least twice.

I stepped away to grab something and came back into the living room... and slipped on something gooey on the floor! I freaked out thinking it might be poop but it was dish soap.

Wait a minute... isn't the dish soap on the kitchen counter, safely set back so the baby can't reach it?
Well it was 5 minutes ago, where is it now?
I walk over to where I had left it and found that Chunko had pushed the kid's table over to the sink, climbed up, grabbed the soap and ran away, spilling the proof everywhere... Oiy!

I didn't even know he could do that now!!

Right now we're fighting over the laptop. He feels the need to update my status with his little blueberry stained fingers and I think he just deleted my desktop icons.

I'm going to go and probably lose this fight...

No comments:

Post a Comment