Christmas was a whirlwind that was so fun and we somehow survived... Glad it only happens once a year.
NYE at Disneyland was a BLAST!!! It was unbelievably crowded and the lines were ridiculous but it was an experience that I am so happy we got to have. We abused the Fast Passes and even caught a couple of rides with small lines (cause we have amazing timing). We rode far more rides than we thought we were going to be able to. Chunko's first ride was the Haunted Mansion. He loved it! He rode all by himself on the Toy Story Mania and the Monster's Inc Rides! Ok, not completely by himself (obviously) but sitting in his own seat and secured by his own little piece of the lapbar. He wasn't fussy, even when it got to be FREEZING COLD and even when we ended up staying at the park for over 16 hours. He loved the characters and loved all the crowds. He kept giving random people his puppy eyes in hopes that they would take pity and feed him, thankfully there were no takers. He almost lunged onto a stranger's table diving for french fries... I love explaining that....
Here's a list of Chunko's latest and greatest tricks (normally I would take the time to write it all out but he's entertaining himself with a magazine and I only have so much time before he starts eating it):
* Clapping
* Saying "Ow"
* Saying "DaDa" (but not "Mama")
* Throwing toys during his temper tantrums
* Loves watching Glee & the Idol previews
* Working on his 3rd and 4th teeth
* Gives sister kisses on demand
* Wrestles brother
* Chases brother
* Ramming his walker into people for attention (or puffs)
* Maneuvers his walker around tight corners and into the kitchen
* Flips over his bouncer after nap time so that he can crawl out of it
*He will fight for whatever toy he thinks he should be playing with, if he thinks kisses or hair pulling is what will help, he will do it
* He's sneaking food (snuck oreos at the sitters by hiding in the closet with his secret morsels)
My two favorite new tricks are him standing for long periods of time and him taking steps... That's right... Walking!!!!!!!!!!!!! He took his first step on Christmas Day!!!!!! He stood up and then stepped... Like actual intentional stepping!!! He's so excited and has been practicing as much as he can every night. He's worked his way up to two steps and being able to correct himself if he starts to fall. I am so proud of my baby boy!!!
I've got to run, Chunko found the TV remote...
PS; I want this... I didn't know you could do this, but I would love to have a Taco Bell intercom! I don't really want it strapped to my back but I want one... My birthday's coming up, get crackin'



No comments:
Post a Comment