November 23, 2010

The Reality Of It All



I didn't get to weigh myself for two days and I thought I was going to have a panic attack...
That's two whole days of not knowing how much I've gained or lost...

Then I realized...
No matter how much I've denied it or claimed I've got control of it...
It's here..
I am fighting anorexia.

I hate saying that. I feel sick just thinking that it's true.

I weigh myself in the mornings
I weigh myself before I go to sleep
I weigh myself fully clothed
I weigh myself after I eat dinner
I weigh myself nude

I shave my legs and brush my hair in hopes that it'll help me lose an ounce or two

I pray that I'll catch the stomach flu (why is it you never get sick when you want to?)
I wish that I could drag my scale to work with me so I could weigh myself after lunch
I went until 4pm before I got hungry one day and I was excited that I could go so long without eating

I am down to 179 but I haven't even started working out as I have promised. I've been sick and I have a hard time breathing but it's just an excuse.

The stupid part about this is that I don't think I'm fat. No really, I don't. I just want to fit my old clothes again. If I was forever stuck at 179 I wouldn't cry. Well, I would but only after I spent lots of money buying a whole new wardrobe to fit my new body. I hate wearing my maternity pants because they're my only work pants that fit me. I hate wearing the same shirts every week. I hate not wearing cute little button downs and blazers....

I have amazing self-confidence.
I know I am not the most attractive person but I know that my love finds me sexy and his opinion is all that matters to me. I am never (Never) going to be a size 2. I'll probably never be less than a 12.
But that works for me.
I have a little waist (usually, not now) and humongous hips.
FYI: Marilyn Monroe was a size 12, too.
I can joke about my size because I'm confident in my body.
Do I really think I"m a whale? Uh, no

Regardless of my confidence I can't seem to stop worrying about the numbers.
I've got to see lower numbers.
Something struck me wrong when I was watching "What's Eating You" and mentally jotting down tips... Chalk doesn't taste too bad, right?

As much as I hate admitting it, I have to.
If I put it out there then I can't hide it.
I can't pretend that I had a big lunch and I'm just not hungry.
I can't pretend anymore and I need that.



Please don't take this as a "Tell me I'm skinny" thing or a "Tell me that you wish you were my size" thing...
Again, I don't think I'm fat... I just wish my effing scale would agree with me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bri, what you wrote makes so much sense. I wish I had your deterination and self esteem. I too always worry about the number on the scale. Thank you for sharing and helping more then you will ever know. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie....the best part about this blog is that you are seeing it as a problem. That's a great first step. You know what you need to do next. Lots of hugs and support coming from the frozen north.

    ReplyDelete