Oh hello stress... It's been so long since we last met that I almost forgot you...What the holy f*&* Batman, I mean seriously?!?!
Okay (*pant*) I'm done raving like a loon (*shakes fist at the sky*)
We got a phone call this morning from the new owners of our current house telling us that we have to pay for the last two weeks of the month.
Um... what? We already paid this month's rent to the property management company, if you want it, go ask them for it.
No.
We're told if we don't pay them for the last two weeks within the next seven days (they're being gracious extending it so far) then they'll evict us. But how can they? Didn't we just tap our legal sources to make sure we had 90 days before they could even think about evicting us?
I guess there's some lame loophole that basically they could tie us up legally and screw our lives up if we refuse to pay them.... So, since we really aren't fond of the courts, we call the property management company.
Wait for it....
They don't have the money. They tell us to call the old owner of the house and make him pay us.
They don't have the money. They tell us to call the old owner of the house and make him pay us.
But wait, aren't they supposed to hold that money in a trust when the house forecloses just in case this exact thing happens?
Yeah, they are, but the old owner swore the house wasn't foreclosing (even though we had a note posted on our door) and so they trusted him. Dude, that's fraud!
And now we had to contact a lawyer to protect us from both these theiving bastards! This is such bull! We just want to stay in this stupid house another three weeks until our new place is ready. Is that really too effing much to ask for?
(Even as I'm re-reading this I'm confused, so sorry, but if it doesn't make sense to me I sure as hell can't explain it)
No comments:
Post a Comment