Short Round had his six week check-up on Monday and he was 15 and a half pounds!!! His height and weight are both above the 95th percentile! Like he's so much bigger than most babies, they don't even have a percentile for him. While we were waiting in the office, there was a 5 month old baby and they were the same size! She was sitting on her own and clapping and jabbering at everyone... and then the parents would look over at me, all sympathetic, thinking my baby was slow or stupid because all he did was eat. I wanted to scream "He's barely six weeks!"
Even though he's huge and there was a huge chance his weight was going to slow him down, he's advanced and right on schedule with his milestones so far. He's bearing weight ahead of schedule, as he's been doing it for three weeks now. He really wants to roll over and was able to do it once in the bathtub (which scared the beejesus out of me!). He's been smiling at us and making faces at us and it's not just gas. That's only about a week and a half early, but still. He chews on his fingers and sleeps through the night on a regular basis (whoo-hoo!). He rarely cries (so happy), and most of the time it's because he's hungry or has a booger and can't breathe while eating.
I was worried about having such a large baby because he's going to outgrow the mass majority of his things far before he's supposed to. I freaked when I read that his car seat only went to 22 pounds but I guess they make car seats for chunko babies so we're going to have to upgrade a little sooner than we planned. Thankfully he rarely uses his swing so we don't have to worry about when he outgrows that. He's already wearing six month clothing for the most part, which stinks cause we had so many cute little guy outfits, but we'll just pass them on.
My bump buddy just got married!!! She was absolutely stunning and I am so glad we were able to celebrate with her.

We got to spend time with Geekers great-grandma, go to a water park and go to a really fun wedding! All in all, this past weekend in California was a blast!
I was a little upset we didn't get to see the beach this time (what's the point of Cali if you don't see the beach at least once?) but the water park made up for it. I was self-conscious in my swimsuit for 4 seconds, until I looked around and saw all the overweight women scampering around itsy-bitsy bikinis. When I finally got my sight back, I reminded myself that it's only been six weeks and that I'm not the worse looking there. Besides, why should I care? I was married to the man of my dreams and he had no problems with how I looked.
Speaking of my weight issues, I got the Wii Fit. I'm hoping that it'll help me burn off the excess fat if nothing else.
I'm going back to work tomorrow... I am going to miss the baby so much but I am so over being a bored housewife. If I could bring my boys to work with me, I so would. But only every now and then because Mommy needs her space.
I think that's all I can think of... so that's that
No comments:
Post a Comment