I feel fantastic and other than having a hard time grabbing things off the floor, I hardly feel pregnant. The round ligament pain stinks but even that's easing up a bit. We went for our monthly check up and the doctor said everything was absolutely perfect. She took a few of his measurements and said that he was textbook perfection. Exactly where I should be. Which is a sigh of relief for us because last time they were telling us we might be due earlier, like around the 21st of April.
It was so exciting because I've been able to feel the baby kick since about 12 weeks but my love finally got to feel him kick a few times on Thanksgiving! We've been trying to catch him so the kids can feel (I know my step-girl is dying to feel him kick), but he doesn't want to yet. My baby bug is beyond excited for his new brother. He wants to go shopping for him and he's being extra careful with his toys now so that JJR can play with them when he's old enough. He always says goodmorning, goodbye & goodnight to him. But he does understand that he isn't done cooking yet. I love that he's so smart and understanding and I don't have to "dumb down" or "baby talk" him.
I feel like I have been pregnant forever, but I am enjoying every second of it. My husband loves taking bump pictures and I am more than happy to oblige and have every moment recorded. I was worried at first about how we were going to work everything out. But I just don't worry about it the same anymore. It seems so irrelavant. We're so blessed with such an amazing family, who's so supportive.
My dad is almost moved in and getting more and more comfortable each day. We're all just trying to find a balance but it'll work out soon. I'm just so glad that we're able to do this.
My step-girl's official first teen birthday is next week and while excited, we're petrified. She was nine just yesterday! Where did these four years go? She's so grown and she is going to be stunning when she gets older (if she isn't already).... and my love is going to age about thirty years in just a day....
We went to her holiday concert this week and she's now a bass player. I think it suits her better than the violin or whatever it was from before... viola, maybe?
I should run for now and eat my evil cheddar fries that have been trying to stare me down for the past thirty minutes...
Evil, evil cheddar fries...

No comments:
Post a Comment