October 13, 2009

First Trimetser

Although my first trimester is not entirely over, according to my doctor it's about to be done with. I have been basically suffering these past three months and I can't wait to feel slightly human again. I'm kind of done with the headaches and the nausea. I have a little bump and I know it's not just fat and me being overexcited. My stomach was pretty flat before I got pregnant. Not in the "I have 6-pack abs" way but in the "my stomach doesn't overhang my pants" way. Anyways....
Yesterday was pretty much a bomb of a day for us. It was supposed to be a nice relaxing day where my husband and I could run errands together with no kids.... however.... Everywhere we went, it was one issue after another and by the end of the day I was so done. Ugh!
So we went to my doctor's appointment all angry and just stressed... and there on the ultrasound was our little peanut! Just bouncing around like crazy! At first he (I say he until we know otherwise) just sat real still so we could see his little body and then he went nuts! He was jumping and flipping and kicking and everything. It was so exciting to see. I never got to see my baby boy like that. My doctor started getting a little impatient with our little jumping bean and he said "If it would just settle down so we could see his heartbeat." What does he do? He stops immediately and rotates so we can see his chest clearly. How cute is that? He sat still the whole time the doc was counting his beats... and he's perfect!
Most of our fears of this being a molar (or a partial molar) are alleviated. Our risk factor has gone down dramatically. I'm still considered high risk but we can all breathe a little easier now.
And some of my fears about how my son is going to deal with the new baby are eased now too. We told him we would get to see the baby yesterday and he started cheering that we were bringing home the baby....Um, not quite. He was dissapointed that he had to wait until May to see his little brother (or sister) and he started clapping when he saw the ultrasound. Whew! Another worry down...
My youngest step-daughter is the next. She says she wants to be a part of this whole baby experience with us, even going as far as to say she wanted to be woken in the middle of night to search out whatever I was craving but..... (big but).... she keeps getting these attitude spurts. Last time we had her, no big, all went great, this time, she wouldn't stop picking on my son. It was non-stop from the moment she arrived until she left. And she knows better and we haven't had this issue for almost three years... why now? We keep asking her what's up but she keeps telling us she's so happy and she loves hanging with us and all the fun stuff we do... I know there's more but I can't crack it.
I'm beyond excited for Halloween! My sis-in-law has never been trick-or-treating so she's flying down to help us take all the kids. My awesome mom-in-law is going to hang at our house and give out candy. I already helped pick out all the kids costumes and I can't wait to see them all in their make-up and everything!!!
If you'll excuse me, I have to go eat... again...

No comments:

Post a Comment