Lately, I
seemed to have been consumed by the need for another baby. I don’t want more
kids but my lady clock was still ticking and counting down until the next baby.
I guess no one explained to her that I couldn’t get pregnant again. These past
few weeks have put her in check and now I am in sync. I do not want another
baby (No matter how cute I think it would be to name it Waffles or B.E.R.T.).
We have our hands full and we are just now, after 2 ½ years, getting into a
routine that we like. We can finally travel without the pack ‘n’ play, the 4
diaper bags, diapers and formula and extra bottles and rattles and teethers and…
And all just so we can go grocery shopping. I know that some moms can
accomplish the potty training while breast feeding (and I’m seriously in awe
that you can) but I know that isn’t for us. I’m glad that I can spend quality
time with Chunko and revel in his baby-ness.
I know that the last time I wrote I seemed a
little out of control and in all honesty, I was. I was overwhelmed by the constant
fighting and I was tired. I’ve gotten some amazing advice from my mommy group
and friends and have been able to put it to practice and have succeeded! The
first week was hard but I could already feel that we were on the right path and
so it made me more determined to get it right. I give one warning and the threat of timeout if he continues. Then (this is hard part #1) I follow through with timeout if he does it again. He has to stay in his time out corner, same corner every time, for 2 minutes. If he gets out, it’s starts over. I don’t give time off for good behavior or for making me laugh (hard part #2) and we learned that the “Timeout Chair” is a great idea for others but definitely not for ours. He thinks it’s fun to throw said chair and has the strength to cause serious damage. After his full two minutes we remind him why he is in timeout and go about our day.
Sounds super easy, right? Narf!
It was hard the first three days but now he actually stops doing his bad behavior when he receives a threat of timeout! We can’t seem to get him to stop picking of my China Doll niecey but we’re working on that.
In the mean time, I have stepped back and have done some serious thinking about our boys. I realized that they are growing and really fast and that nitpicking is only going to make it all go by faster. I am stopping and appreciating our days together. I am literally stopping to smell the roses with them and I am so much calmer (work is stressing me out but at home I am calm). I sit and build lego houses for Chunko to destroy and I am photographing Fart Bone’s latest alien warrior. I miss my chunky ball Michelin baby that Fart Bone used to be and if I keep freaking over spilled milk, I’m going to be stuck wondering where Chunko’s baby years went, too.
I’ve also decided that I am taking my camera with me everywhere (except work, nobody wants to see that). My loving husband went out and hunted a nice camera for me to practice and really enjoy shooting with and I have poorly abused it with neglect. I haven’t downloaded the pictures that are on it since June!!! That is the beginning of a horror story for me. My sister and I have both agreed to get out there and shoot! We have already scheduled a fun shoot for this weekend and another one for November. We have to get those creative juices flowing and create, create, create!
I feel more at peace than I have in while and it feels good to get back to me, who I am and what I want (other than shoes).
Ps, thank you MMMs, you guys are always there for me, no matter how crazy the questions get!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment