May 11, 2010

Six Days Overdue

Today I am six days overdue and not showing one single sign of labor... Not happy
I started my maternity leave a little earlier than I really wanted to but my nerves were shot and I was going to blow my top if one more person asked when I was going to have my baby...
I hate being so weak that I can't keep working but it's for my co-workers safety and my whole body hurts so now no one has to listen to my whining.

Yesterday we scheduled our induction date and while I really hate saying it, I'm probably going to make it to Thursday night. So, more than likely, my boy will be born on Friday... if I don't have 36 hours of screaming labor.

We had his heart rate monitored to make sure it's safe to continue to the end of the week... and it is.
He's a little stinker and a total trouble maker. A normal baby's base line is 120/130 and he just decided that he was going to change his to 110... Nurse said it was safe and he was doing fine, but it wasn't something most babies do.
Then we had our ultrasound to make sure his amniotic fluid was high enough and that his lungs were developed. They had to buzz him twice because he was holding his breath and refused to perform for the technician. She said that she's never had a baby purposely hold their breath before. I just smiled and said, "Now you know why I want him out so bad."

I'm dilated to barely 2 cm... yeah, a whole 1/2 in two weeks... Go me!

I had one whole contraction yesterday... They were monitoring me and the nurse said "Oh, you're having a contraction" and I said "Um, no." and she showed me the monitor and I was! It didn't last long and it was only one, but whoo-hoo!

We have tried everything and he doesn't want to make his grand entrance.

My body is ready to give birth, all we're waiting on is him. He just needs to come out!

Come Out! Come Out! Come Out! Come Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment