After 18 hours of (not-so-bad) labor, our beautiful little (big) boy is here!
It could have gone a wee bit easier but I couldn't have asked for more. My induction was scheduled for 11:50 p.m. on Thursday night, so, of course, I started having contractions at 11...
We went to my step-girl's spring recital (she was amazing as always), grabbed some Taco Bell (like a tradition almost) and I even had time to shower and rest before heading out to have my baby.
I gave in and got the epidural and I am so thankful I did because it allowed me to be more present and awake for the delivery. The hardest part of all of it was the waiting! It took Foooorrrrevvvverrrrrr...rrrr...
I gave in and got the epidural and I am so thankful I did because it allowed me to be more present and awake for the delivery. The hardest part of all of it was the waiting! It took Foooorrrrevvvverrrrrr...rrrr...
I'll spare the gory details because ewww but I have to share that when his head appeared the doctor and nurses (and even my love) all went silent and still... as they stared in disbelief at how huge his head was (39 inches), then it was back to "Push!"
Less than 15 minutes of pushing and he was here, quiet, mellow and taking in the new sights around him. He didn't even scream until they bathed him for the first time. No cute little newborn cry from him, nu-uh.... But he cries so rarely that's its still kind of adorable.
Then the doctor actually has the audacity to say that he could have stayed in another 2 weeks!!! Could you even imagine how frickin huge he would have been?!?!?!? I would have been the girl who delivered the 15 pound baby!! No way!
We were like rockstars at the hospital, all the nurses came in to see our beautiful 11 pound baby. They couldn't believe it. Neither could we. The hospital staff had to scrounge up diapers to fit him, cause he was already too big for the newborns. His going home outfit barely fit him, we thought we were going to have to do a midnight run just for clothes for him.
Then the doctor actually has the audacity to say that he could have stayed in another 2 weeks!!! Could you even imagine how frickin huge he would have been?!?!?!? I would have been the girl who delivered the 15 pound baby!! No way!
We were like rockstars at the hospital, all the nurses came in to see our beautiful 11 pound baby. They couldn't believe it. Neither could we. The hospital staff had to scrounge up diapers to fit him, cause he was already too big for the newborns. His going home outfit barely fit him, we thought we were going to have to do a midnight run just for clothes for him.
Today he's 10 days old and had his first check-up. He's already grown almost 2 inches and has advanced relexes. He's alert and the only time he fusses is when he's really hungry. We've had great luck getting him to sleep somewhat through the night. There's been a night or two where he woke up a lot for food, but we're working out the kinks. At least we're not like some of those new parents who get stuck awake through the whole night with a sleepless baby. I couldn't even imagine how much that would suck.
My baby bug is adapting really well to being big brother. He loves to help feed him but is completely against changing diapers. He told me it was a Mommy's job, not a big brother's. I was worried that he was going to act out or start misbehaving to get attention, but he's been almost normal so far. *She says with her fingers tightly crossed* He's got a smart mouth but he always has.
My baby bug is adapting really well to being big brother. He loves to help feed him but is completely against changing diapers. He told me it was a Mommy's job, not a big brother's. I was worried that he was going to act out or start misbehaving to get attention, but he's been almost normal so far. *She says with her fingers tightly crossed* He's got a smart mouth but he always has.
I couldn't be happier and I couldn't possibly feel any more blessed than I do right now. I'm almost in this euphoric state with a wide dopey grin plastered to my face.
Life is so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment