One of those weeks where you'd swear that it's been a month and it's only been 7 days.
Seriously stressing over things that should have never been an issue.
Stressing over people causing more issues just because they're still dissatisfied with their lives.
I won't go into detail, but I will say...
"You have everything you've ever bitched about wanting, go enjoy it"
There might have been some peace and maybe even a small fraction of resolution made last night, but only time ever tells that. I hate that by marrying the man of my dreams I got to become two very angry people's punching bags. I just want to be left alone to love my family. I understand people have their judgements about me. I understand I'm not the prettiest or the smartest, but I don't need it shoved down my throat.
Sorry, a little bit of bitter snuck out on me...
I'm finally calming down a bit today, and trying to de-stress, but then I get hit with a whopper (and cause I'm preggers, it's way bigger than it needs to be)...
This guy comes in to my office today. He starts by telling his life history. He tells me that he divorced his wife when his oldest of five kids was ten. He tells me that since he met his second wife, his ex has done everything she could to poison his kids against him. He tells me that his ex would tell the kids he moved, never sent any presents or acknowledgements or never wrote (he claims, none of which were true). He says that his wife knew all her children's insecurities and used them against him. Only his youngest ever kept in touch with him and still treated him nicely. He continues by saying that he hasn't spoken to her in over a year but wasn't overly concerned. His youngest is now 35 with her own family. He decided to try to reconnect with her by searching Google for any profile pages on Facebook or myspace.
He pulled up her obituary.
She had passed right around the time he last heard from her.
His ex never called him nor any of his other 4 kids.
None of his kids will speak to him, thinking he is the most horrible piece of trash for not even showing for his own daughter's funeral... And little do they know.
My heart goes out this guy. I don't know him and for all I knew he could be the piece of crap his ex claims he is. But it hit home for me. It just scares me that there's people out there willing to do this kind of thing.
During all of our struggles with the step-kids, any misstep or wrong move could lead us down this path. We can only hope that this never happens and that his daughter knows he loves her and would never turn his back on her. I mean, if he still loves his oldest after everything she's done and claimed, then the possibilities are endless for the youngest.


No comments:
Post a Comment