^I just love my Baby Bug!!! He's so sweet and handsome!!
This is our sixth Christmas together and in these past years I never thought that the holiday season could be so easy and so peaceful. I keep waiting for the next disaster but hoping for the best, too. I'm very confused. We're still procrastinating on our Christmas shopping but that's just how we are. We've decided that this year we're celebrating Christmas the good old fashioned way with crafts and cookies. We won't be letting presents and the kids tendency to be greedy get in our way. I have never so unstressed in December since I was a teen ager.
Chunko is ruling the house no matter how much we try to stop him. He's speaking more often and surprising us with more words. His new favorite phase is "Uh, yeah" said as sarcastically as a person can. He obsessively plugs our electronics in still and has figured out how to break the child proof plugs so they no longer work. Apparently being able to take the plug out wasn't good enough for him, he felt he had to completely destroy his adversary. Chunko also hates wearing diapers now. He has peed and than sat on his potty so he's getting closer to training. He keeps stripping all his clothes off and then running around until we finally catch him and fight his clothes back on. He doesn't use his binky during the day as much anymore, so I'm not as worried as I was before about weaning. He does still go to bed with 3 of them... hmmm...
Fart Bone's grades are progressively getting back to straight "A's" and we're working on his aversion to homework. He really likes school and doing certain projects but he would rather spend the day playing Bey Bladez battles with his friends. I get that. I wanted to read all day. It's a challenge finding ways for him to expend his excess energy after we get home in evening, especially with it being so darn cold now, but we're trying to be more lenient with his nightly gymnastics. Both boys enjoy taking off the couch cushions and then leaping on them.
Ham-Da is turning 15 this weekend!!! That means only 3 years and 6 more days of child support! Okay, so I'm joking... Mostly... Okay, totally. I'm going to really hate when she's 18 and ready for the world. She's like one of my own and I'm nowhere near ready for that yet! (yeah, she was 8 when I met her... this sucks)
We have a very fun weekend planned and hopefully everything goes well for her. She planned it all for the most part, so it's how she wants it. Friday is the "teen" party and Saturday is the "family" party, just as she asked. Ever since we've restricted her from almost everything, her grades are exceptional and her attitude is far better. She still has her moments but sheesh, so do I. I really wish she'd stop growing though, cause all we ever do is buy her new clothes!
I didn't get the job I thought I wanted. I liked the title but once I realized what the position entailed, I realized it wasn't for me. I need to be up front greeting people, helping our families directly every day. I need to continue working closely with our directors on our files. I was a bit down on myself and my job for a few weeks but I'm baaaacccckk. A position opened up and several members of our staff assumed that I would not only apply, but easily receive it. That made me feel so wonderful with their kindness. I didn't understand how much confidence they put in my work and what I do. I've stopped throwing my tantrum and will take on this new year with the gusto and heart only I can offer. I have many mentors in my office and I am going to take their knowledge and run with it.
(that just puts a creepy zombie-like image in my mind of someone stealing another's brain and running with it... eeewww, weird).
I cannot help but feel truly blessed at this point in our life. We are being granted a chance to fix our credit so that we can have the things we want (our own house, a new car for me, cars for the kids (ugh, that's coming)). My boys are not only healthy and strong but incredibly smart. My sisters live close to me and we all get to see each other often (like every weekend!!). I'm building a positive relationship with my mother, something we haven't allowed for years. My step girl still likes me and we are creating a trusting relationship of honesty and fun. I call her on her bullcrap and she calls me on mine. We miss her terribly on the weekends she's not here.
Watching the latest Modern Family episode made my heart so full and hurt so much, too. They are a blended family that has come together so well and are so happy even with their oddities. I can't help but hurt, though. I am so happy that our family has also overcome being blended with steps and half siblings. I just wish... well, we all know what I wish. Moving on. We all are one big happy family and are on pretty good standing with my love's ex (which I seriously never thought could happen) where we are working together for the best future. That sounds so lame like some Hallmark card or something. But it's true. It's been so hard and I feel so sentimental and happy that we're not celebrating the holidays with the annual fight over who gets who when.
Oh and I bought our first Harajuku outfit for Snack Cake!!! She looks too adorable for words!!! I cannot wait to buy the next outfit!! I am so glad I have an adorable baby girl to buy outfits for!!!
And now I must go and try to put a diaper on our naked, peeing as he's running baby... Feeling so blessed right now.
This is our sixth Christmas together and in these past years I never thought that the holiday season could be so easy and so peaceful. I keep waiting for the next disaster but hoping for the best, too. I'm very confused. We're still procrastinating on our Christmas shopping but that's just how we are. We've decided that this year we're celebrating Christmas the good old fashioned way with crafts and cookies. We won't be letting presents and the kids tendency to be greedy get in our way. I have never so unstressed in December since I was a teen ager.
Chunko is ruling the house no matter how much we try to stop him. He's speaking more often and surprising us with more words. His new favorite phase is "Uh, yeah" said as sarcastically as a person can. He obsessively plugs our electronics in still and has figured out how to break the child proof plugs so they no longer work. Apparently being able to take the plug out wasn't good enough for him, he felt he had to completely destroy his adversary. Chunko also hates wearing diapers now. He has peed and than sat on his potty so he's getting closer to training. He keeps stripping all his clothes off and then running around until we finally catch him and fight his clothes back on. He doesn't use his binky during the day as much anymore, so I'm not as worried as I was before about weaning. He does still go to bed with 3 of them... hmmm...
Fart Bone's grades are progressively getting back to straight "A's" and we're working on his aversion to homework. He really likes school and doing certain projects but he would rather spend the day playing Bey Bladez battles with his friends. I get that. I wanted to read all day. It's a challenge finding ways for him to expend his excess energy after we get home in evening, especially with it being so darn cold now, but we're trying to be more lenient with his nightly gymnastics. Both boys enjoy taking off the couch cushions and then leaping on them.
Ham-Da is turning 15 this weekend!!! That means only 3 years and 6 more days of child support! Okay, so I'm joking... Mostly... Okay, totally. I'm going to really hate when she's 18 and ready for the world. She's like one of my own and I'm nowhere near ready for that yet! (yeah, she was 8 when I met her... this sucks)
We have a very fun weekend planned and hopefully everything goes well for her. She planned it all for the most part, so it's how she wants it. Friday is the "teen" party and Saturday is the "family" party, just as she asked. Ever since we've restricted her from almost everything, her grades are exceptional and her attitude is far better. She still has her moments but sheesh, so do I. I really wish she'd stop growing though, cause all we ever do is buy her new clothes!
I didn't get the job I thought I wanted. I liked the title but once I realized what the position entailed, I realized it wasn't for me. I need to be up front greeting people, helping our families directly every day. I need to continue working closely with our directors on our files. I was a bit down on myself and my job for a few weeks but I'm baaaacccckk. A position opened up and several members of our staff assumed that I would not only apply, but easily receive it. That made me feel so wonderful with their kindness. I didn't understand how much confidence they put in my work and what I do. I've stopped throwing my tantrum and will take on this new year with the gusto and heart only I can offer. I have many mentors in my office and I am going to take their knowledge and run with it.
(that just puts a creepy zombie-like image in my mind of someone stealing another's brain and running with it... eeewww, weird).
I cannot help but feel truly blessed at this point in our life. We are being granted a chance to fix our credit so that we can have the things we want (our own house, a new car for me, cars for the kids (ugh, that's coming)). My boys are not only healthy and strong but incredibly smart. My sisters live close to me and we all get to see each other often (like every weekend!!). I'm building a positive relationship with my mother, something we haven't allowed for years. My step girl still likes me and we are creating a trusting relationship of honesty and fun. I call her on her bullcrap and she calls me on mine. We miss her terribly on the weekends she's not here.
Watching the latest Modern Family episode made my heart so full and hurt so much, too. They are a blended family that has come together so well and are so happy even with their oddities. I can't help but hurt, though. I am so happy that our family has also overcome being blended with steps and half siblings. I just wish... well, we all know what I wish. Moving on. We all are one big happy family and are on pretty good standing with my love's ex (which I seriously never thought could happen) where we are working together for the best future. That sounds so lame like some Hallmark card or something. But it's true. It's been so hard and I feel so sentimental and happy that we're not celebrating the holidays with the annual fight over who gets who when.
Oh and I bought our first Harajuku outfit for Snack Cake!!! She looks too adorable for words!!! I cannot wait to buy the next outfit!! I am so glad I have an adorable baby girl to buy outfits for!!!
And now I must go and try to put a diaper on our naked, peeing as he's running baby... Feeling so blessed right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment